SAFETY at TYBEE SURF LESSONS
- All aspects of our programs are designed with safety as the main priority
- Our camp director is experienced in the National Surf Schools and Instructors Association (NSSIA) Curriculum. NSSIA Certified Instructors must meet certain requirements before they apply for certification. They go through classroom and beach training, necessary to provide the safest and best learning environment for learning the surfing sports. They're trained as professionals who adhere to standards such as The NSSIA Surfing Code of Ethics.
- We maintain a 5:1 student to instructor ratio at our camps
- TYBEE SURF LESSON staff members have experience working with the local lifeguards to further ensure the safety of our campers and staff
- A healthy surfer is a happy surfer! We are prepared for small emergencies and have dealt with injury effectively in the past. All of our equipment is inspected daily for potential hazards and we use only new, beginner-friendly surfboards. There is a waiver that must be signed due to the inherent risks of surfing and other activities that our camp provides. That being said, we would like to assure you that we have carefully chosen a team of responsible adults and mature young adults to provide the best experience possible for you or your child. We realize that there will be bumps, breaks, bruises, cuts, scrapes, and possibly a few tears shed, but we will work with you and your child to make sure that their experience is one that they walk away from smiling.