TYBEE WATERSPORTS CLUB CALENDAR
After School Program, August 17th - November 3rd
Youth (ages 6-14) will interact with the ocean to learn about ocean conservancy, marine animals, ocean safety, water quality, marine ecology and mostly, have FUN! Daily activities include a variation of kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, surfing, fishing, beach cleanups and ocean education.
This is a two hour after school program that is outfitted by Tybee Surf Lessons and taught by local business people, volunteers, and professional educators. While the program will be based on Tybee Island, we may venture to neighboring beaches such as Little Tybee to better learn about the environment. This afterschool program will be both geared towards learning fun and exciting new ocean sports, while complementing each day with ocean education. By learning sports that help connect to the ocean and its vastness beyond, we will give your club members a chance to build confidence in the water while giving them a unique perspective to experience the ocean.
Our goal is to inspire and create confidence and love for our ocean. Lessons will include:
- Learn Stand-up paddle boarding basics and tour the marshes for marine wildlife and migration topics specific to Tybee Island.
- Kayak tours of Lazaretto Creek and surrounding areas, to visit the oyster beds and learn about different evolutionary differences between our local birds, etc.
- Surf and body surf off North and South beach jetties to remind the club members to gain and maintain respect for the ocean. Build team awareness and become stronger through challenging sport activities.
- More activities will be added as more local businesses come forward to get involved
- Depending on the day & instructor availability, each session has a maximum of 5-10 members. Classes will run various afternoons from 4pm-6pm. See Calendar above for availability (refresh this page if it doesn't load the first time).
CLICK ON LINK TO THE RIGHT TO DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION PACKET (ZIP DRIVE)
MEMBER RATES: Buy codes to attend TWC. You are emailed the codes after we receive your signed information packet and $25 registration fee. Choose the calendar days your child plans to attend and enter the codes accordingly. You may use one code per child as long as their name is listed in the registration packet. The more codes you buy, the more money you save.
1 code for $45
2 codes for $80 ($40 per code)
3 or more codes for $30 each
(includes taxes and booking fees)
Like a digital punch card system, you may purchase codes online or pay via check to attend club sessions. Please include your child’s name(s), ages and weights and any important info on the basic info sheet in the registration packet. Families may use the codes for any of their children but upon online redemption, each code must be used per child that attends club sessions. Simply choose which sessions your child can attend on our Club Calendar, enter the redemption codes and click complete booking.
HOW TO SIGN UP
1. Sign the info page, the Participant Agreement Form and include a $25 registration fee. Mail it to Turner Horton PO BOX eight3two Tybee Island, GA 31328 (email signed PDFs to Turner for a quicker registration process)
2. Go to Pay Club Dues Button at the Booking Software Portal
3. Once payment is processed, you will be emailed your redemption codes to choose dates of club attendance on our Club Calendar.
1. If paying by check or cash, fill out the info page form, sign & mail in the Participant Agreement and include a $25 registration fee. Please be sure to include the info page (so we know what email to send your redemption codes to!).
2. Please mail Forms to Turner Horton PO BOX eight3two Tybee Island, GA 31328
3. Use your Club Dues Codes (from email we sent you, after we receive your registration packet and check) to Redeem club days on the online Club Calendar listed at https://tybeesurflessons.com/tybee-watersports-club
STILL NEED HELP REGISTERING? go to the TWC Help Portal.
In other words, children will need to be signed up online via the Club Dues Link and then redeemable codes will be emailed directly to parents, who will enter the codes for particular days/times selected from the club calendar. Watch tutorial videos at the TWC Help Portal
WHAT TO BRING
hat, rashguard, wetsuit or water shirt, re-usable water bottle, snacks, bathing suit and a towel.
WHERE DO WE MEET?
Club members will meet at the designated location, specified online at THE CLUB FACEBOOK PAGE and get geared up for an afternoon of fun ocean activities. They will eventually have access (depending on local sponsors and donations) to wetsuits, surfboards, paddle gear, and fishing poles.
Donate and help us buy supplies like lifejackets, surfboards, surf gear, rashguards OR BECOME A TYBEE WATERSPORTS CLUB SPONSOR by filling out and mailing this form here.
DIRECTIONS FOR ACTIVITIES
NORTH BEACH JETTY: Once on island, at the first stop light (North Campbell Avenue), turn left. Go to the end of North Campbell Street. Turn Left onto Van Horn. Then, take first right onto Meddin Drive. Drive down and turn right into the North Beach Parking Lot Entrance (first road after Gulick Street on right) Drive into the parking lot and turn left. Drive all the way down and park at the boardwalk towards the beach.
FIND NORTH JETTY VIA GOOGLE MAPS: Type in the address to The North Beach Bar & Grill 33 Meddin Dr, Tybee Island, GA 31328 park in the gravel parking lot that faces the beach. If facing the ocean, park all the way down to your left side. (Northern most part of parking lot). Activity will be held at the north beach jetty.
SOUTH BEACH JETTY:
Once on island, drive all the way down Highway 80 (Butler Ave). Turn left onto 17th Street. Turn right onto Strand Ave and drop child off at 18th Street boardwalk. Activity will be near South End Jetty.
BACK RIVER FISHING PIER: Take Butler (Highway 80) all the way to 17th Street. Hang a right onto 17th street then onto Chatham Avenue. Hang a left onto Fisherman's Wk.
TYBEE PIER: Take Butler (Highway 80) and hang a left onto 16th street to the roundabout. We will fish at the end of the pier.
NORTH BEACH JETTY (SEE DIRECTIONS ABOVE)
NORTH ISLAND SURF & KAYAK: Take Highway 80 and take first sharp right after driving over the Lazaretto Creek Bridge. Go to the end and hang a left. We will meet in the parking lot before heading to the docks for a kayak tour.
STAND UP PADDLE BOARDING
*Should we have inclement weather on one of our club days, we will hold a make up day on a chosen Sunday in that particular month.
tybee watersports club, tybee island maritime academy, tybee surf club, tybeesurfschool.com, after school program, tybee surf school, tybee surfing, tybee surfing lessons, tybee island, tybee beach, savannah surfing, http://www.happy-surfing.info, http://www.happy-surfing.info/lessons/index.html